A little more about Wim Crouwel before the exhibition tomorrow

I was told about an exhibition at the design museum as they thought it may be of use to the project that I am doing so I'm going tomorrow. 

"Bright and early... I hope lol"


But seeing as I don't really know much about Wim Crouwel only saw some of his works  a few times whilst I was researching I will do some research actually... I won't lets see what I see, is more than my expectations.



A little description about the exhibition from the Design Museum website:
30 March – 03 July
The Design Museum celebrates the prolific career of the Dutch graphic designer Wim Crouwel in this, his first UK retrospective. Regarded as one of the leading designers of the twentieth century, Crouwel embraced a new modernity to produce typographic designs that captured the essence of the emerging computer and space age of the early 1960s.Spanning over 60 years, this exhibition covers Crouwel’s rigorous design approach and key moments in his career including his work for design practice Total Design, the identity for the Stedelijk Museum, Amsterdam, as well as his iconic poster, print, typography and lesser known exhibition design. The exhibition will explore Crouwel’s innovative use of grid-based layouts and typographic systems to produce consistently striking asymmetric visuals.


Thoughts ... "i love the Design Museum website easy to navigate and find what your looking for, colour coded also great idea..."




Wim Crouwel interview with Crane.tv at the Design Museum, 29 March 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment