At uni 2day then a trip to the Tate or library

Meeting with Paul Bailey at uni today he gave me some ideas of the best path to take with this project.
I knew I wanted to concentrate more on the Swiss style of design in the modernism era as the work is mostly interesting and influential for me.
However Paul suggested instead of just looking at how it looks and appeals to a wider audience, why not look beyond that. 
His ideas were why not look at the history in a deeper context to get a deeper understanding at why they (the artists) designed the way that they did, where they rebelling against something? what it because of the techniques during the 1950's, the tool available to them at that time. 


This would help to open my eyes to what is in front of me, not just visually but historical/political etc.


My scribbled down brainstorms/notes



No comments:

Post a Comment