During our meeting Paul gave me a load of things to do I have listed them below
as they were a bit hard to see on the picture on the page before with the brainstorms.


History - 
look at the wider picture
look into why these movements happened
look at political things / events that was happening at the same time as that movement.
it place in history
its message - whether it through there designs, influences, manifesto's


why was this good
why is this better (its aesthetics)
look at the production
tools used


Swiss Style - artists of interest
Paul Rand
Josef Muller-Brockmann
Armin Hofman - love his work
Emil Ruder


Paul also suggested that I myself should understand why I like these kinds of works is it because I work in such an environment like the modernists artist's, am I organised, do I work in such a creative design space and is my living space the same. Documenting would be a good idea we thought; but with a 1yr old, I would love to but I'm telling you its gonna be impossible lol!


He also thought I would be good practice and fascinating for me to do another comparison but more detailed than I done for my proposal. It should help with pin pointing what's important and what's not relevant. (so more sleepless nights... good times)

No comments:

Post a Comment